Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


This is a song my mother taught me to sing when I was a little girl. It brings back such happy memories of my childhood. I kept thinking of her all day today on this mother's day.  I also remembered my sister who left us a year and a half ago.

I struggled today to keep my emotions under control as I felt overwhelmed by the uncertainty of life. This morning my daughter fell and I was partly responsible for her mishap. I felt so guilty about the whole incident  and then my son commented how easily I am hijacked by my emotions.......and yes, I recognized  that my emotions had taken over so much that I found it difficult to stop the tears from flowing.

Thankfully, we went for a drive to a garden/retreat centre and was able to shake off the sadness that was hovering over me. I am feeling more centred now and am hoping that my awareness of my emotions continues to grow each day.

This is a mother's day I won't forget in a long time.

Hope you all had a memorable day however you celebrated the day.


peace,
Reena

1 comment:

  1. I'm ok mom... we all have judgement lapses at times...

    Glad you had a better rest-of-day...

    I <3 you

    ren

    ReplyDelete