Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Bless our world.

News of the Japan disaster continues to be mind boggling: earthquake,tsunami,and the threat of nuclear meltdown...Japan's coastline changed  and the Earth's axis shifted! Who knows what to expect in the days,weeks,months and years ahead? Is this some kind of wake up call for us to examine how we live our lives?

On Saturday morning I got news that a friend's husband had passed away; I paid her a visit on Sunday to offer sympathy and condolences. She seemed to be holding up well and talked  of all the things that had to be done for her husband's funeral.She has the support of her daughters, other members of family and neighbours. 

As  I listened and watched how she tried to be brave, I was reminded of the funerals of my own family members, my mother,  my father and then one of  my sisters. Each one was a different scenario, but what helped me through all of them was knowing that only the body dies and believing  that the Spirit is eternal and forever.
..
It's amazing what strength you can draw from the power of Spirit, even when your whole life seems to be crumbling around you. I believe therefore that although the  people of Japan face tremendous challenges ahead in rebuilding their lives and their country, they  will find that inner strength to move forward and be an example to the world. 

Let us join with prayer and meditation groups to send our love, light and healing energy to our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment