Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meet me on the Cyber Bridge

Happy International Women's Day 2011!

Lots of activities all over the world to mark this day, the 100th anniversary of the observance / celebration.You can check here for more info.


I am happy to be writing my very first post on this blog page; I feel that I am participating/contributing in something bigger than myself.

It is almost a year since my daughter first started her blog and I remember how excited I was that she had made such a bold step to share her thoughts, ideas and feelings about her life; I wondered if I could do the same.

So here I am, after much discussion and encouragement,and still with some reservations, opening up myself to cyberspace, feeling like an adventurer, ready to explore uncharted territory of my inner world, believing that whatever unfolds in the writing will be blessed with Grace.

I dedicate this post to all women everywhere who find the courage to live their lives purposefully and I salute those who have gone before us who led by example in their seemingly ordinary everyday lives.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and perhaps, you may want to drop by again soon.
Have a blessed day!

Reena
p.s It's Carnival Tuesday in Trinidad and Tobago, for some, time for revelry and others, time for reflection.

4 comments:

  1. so proud of u mom! Happy International Women's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reens you have simply chosen to go where many of us have not gone ... yet! You are definitely a 'trekker' You keep trekking Girlfriend!
    Happy International Women's Day!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY, REENA!!

    Fantastic decision!!
    (Of course you can do the same as your daughter!!)

    Muktabai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol your best sisterMarch 10, 2011 at 10:48 AM

    Well I must say you have taken on quite a challenge. Being your sister and knowing (or not knowing) you for sometime I do believe that your blogspot would be a great read everyday. May not be some people's cup of tea but it would be my best cup of tea for eternity.

    ReplyDelete