Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Use the intellect powerfully

If you have been following this blog, then you know that I have been participating in a 40 Days meditation retreat held by Blue Star Trinidad and Tobago. This year's  theme is Secrets to True Well-Being.  Today's message was Managing the Chariot of Life Day 20

As we have reached the half-way mark in the retreat, I  wondered if there are any real changes taking place within me, or am I just enjoying some intellectual stimulation. Yes, I have been listening, reading, pondering and trying to have a deeper awareness in meditation . Yet, I don't feel as if I am making any progress and I watch how thoughts arise in my mind that are not very helpful.

Today's message, using the analogy of the body as a chariot,  reminded me of how important it is for  my intellect, my mind, my senses and my  desires to be working in harmony  on my spiritual journey. I must hold firm my personal vision, the blueprint I have for my life and ensure that my desires will lead me on my soul's journey to freedom. I have to use my intellect powerfully to dismantle negative thoughts and images I carry. 

I know I should be patient with myself, surrender and trust in the process that is taking place within.

No comments:

Post a Comment